Good morning all! This morning I am finally learning and teaching myself more about the Legacy software created my Millenia. What’s so great about this program versus others out there? I have tried many different ones, but I seem to get along with this one the best, and it has come in under the #2 spot in the Genealogy Software Review for 2011! But just to let you know, I tried the standard version, which is free by the way; but I absolutely love the options and features that are offered for the deluxe version!
PROS: “Legacy can directly search Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, Genealogy.com and many other online services.”
CONS: “Although this is a powerful database application, some others are more visually appealing.”
(Data Source: Genealogy Software Review)
This program is cost effective especially when you look at what Legacy offers, some of the features that I found so far that I like the most are listed below.
- Mapping feature which allows you to utilize the Microsoft Earth to pinpoint the places in your ancestors lives, automatically from within the program.
- The Source Writer! I can’t forget to mention that- and who wouldn’t like to have their sources written out for them- just type in the necessary information, and you’re good to go!
- Interview Reports- currently there are over 1000 pre-written interview forms you can use to interview family members or others when researching your family history. Cool huh?
- Along with attaching pictures, sounds, and video to individuals, events, locations, and sources, you can now also attach any other kind of document (PDFs, Word files, etc.).
- Recording DNA marker test results from different companies offering this type of service